Director of Engineering and Equipment Services
Summary: The Director of Engineering will oversee and direct engineering and maintenance operations in order to maintain daily reliability and availability of all equipment.
Responsible for the safe, efficient and cost effective repair, maintenance, replacement and distribution of area gear and equipment as well as inventory control and achievement of operational and financial goals and objectives. Will provide leadership and supervision for the staff and work directly with operations to ensure balance between equipment and operational priorities.
Will work with Vice President of Engineering to provide strategic technical leadership in planning, establishing and directing all aspects engineering policies, objectives, and initiatives. As well as, Researching new technologies that align the development function with the goals of the organization, and maintaining the Company's competitive position and profitability by formulating research and development programs.
- Develop equipment specifications for equipment needed to support all terminal and stevedoring operations.
- Establish all maintenance procedures and practices and delegate such to subordinates.
- Maintain equipment trends for availability and reliability in order to ensure that all terminal needs are met.
- Oversee training of staff.
- Monitor accuracy of inventory and maintenance system in order to ensure availability of terminal equipment.
- Communicate with terminal management on maintenance issues and see that corrective measures are implemented where necessary.
- Work with VP Engineering to develop sustainable capex plan
- Maintain labor union relations in order to ensure high morale and quality production of work. Resolve Labor disputes at the department level.
- Develops and operates within approved fiscal and capital equipment budget limits, ensuring targeted P&L results.
- Ensures that area accident prevention / safety and workers' compensation programs and procedures are implemented.. Ensure safety of all equipment and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Develops, communicates and maintains preventative maintenance and operating plans, procedures and systems designed to provide information, facilitate M&R practices, and reduce department costs.
- Ensures that all PA policies, procedures and controls are followed, and reports are completed accurately, submitted on time to appropriate PA staff, customers and other designated personnel, and that appropriate staff and labor have a full understanding of these procedures.
- Facilitate continuous improvement in department's processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in being considered for this position please Call Dallas Auch at (913) 302-5087
This is an outstanding opportunity with a great internationally renowned company.
We are looking to fill these positions Immediately!!!