Bartell Machinery Systems L.L.C. Job Posting
Senior Mechanical Engineer (RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT EXPERTISE)
Personnel Requisition No. 14-4005
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, L.L.C. is a leading provider of highly engineered manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries with a commitment to innovation and customer satisfaction. Our highly skilled and diverse professionals possess generations of industry knowledge, making Bartell a recognized leader with over 8,000 systems in operation worldwide. Bartell offers full-time opportunities, co-ops and internships. Many of our employees have launched life-long careers and you too can be a part of a global company that works together on some of the world’s largest and unique industrial machinery. Opportunities for career progression within the many divisions of this company are outstanding if you are ready to take the challenge. Please submit your full letter of expressed interest and resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Date: April 3, 2014
Position: Senior Mechanical Engineer (E3) (Full Time, Exempt)
Reports To: Manager of Mechanical Engineering (Alex Flisfeder)
Location/Department: Rome, NY/Engineering (Department No. 7362)
Travel: Less than 25%, US domestic and International travel
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience
• This Senior Mechanical Engineer position will be primarily involved with engineering tasking for the research, development and sustainment of Bartell products. The candidate will have expert level technical skills, significant professional development, active in professional technical communication and literature, supervisory level experience, technical leadership (including proposals) and also strengths to present briefings to internal and external customers.
• Bachelors, Masters, or PhD Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering from accredited university and 10 years of relevant work experience OR;
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years of job-relevant work experience and proven performer (in lieu of degree).
• Fluency in English
• Must be proficient in Machine Design, projects budgeting and engineering calculations.
• Must be a leader in the engineering process knowledge of relevant business unit machinery.
• Must have keen ability to capture a clear and concise understanding of customer requests, issues, specifications, and request to changes to equipment.
• High level of proficiency in working all aspects of engineering calculations
• Project budgeting expertise.
• Must have thorough understanding of OSHA regulations, ensure all designs are compliant with all safety requirements and have thorough understanding of machine shop, fabrication and Quality Control in developing leading edge designs for cost-effective manufacturing and excellent machine performance.
• Must have work experience working with multinational companies including (not limited to) small and/or medium size companies
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally
• Hands on working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Candidate must effectively set and meet priorities, solve problems and maintain professionalism and resourcefulness under pressure.
• Agility to work with changing priorities and schedules in a dynamic environment.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness in completing tasks.
• Solid Works
• Wire and Cable Industry process knowledge
• Contemporary design practices
• Hands-on machine shop experience
• MRP/ERP background
• Utilize design tools (i.e., AutoCAD and Solid works) quickly, accurately, competently.
• Machine Design: Recognized authority (internally) on machine processes and or design.
• Ability to develop well thought out designs that are highly functional, able to manufacture, and within budget. Strong experience in Conceptual Design.
• Strong understanding of tolerances.
• Strong skillsets and full comprehension of customer specification and process. Can produce design concepts to meet customer specifications and process.
• Timelines: Proven record of completing project deliverables on time and within budget.
• Knowledge of Machine Process and Operation: Thorough understanding of machine operation and instrumental in developing new concepts and processes.
• Compliance with Procedures: Ability to understand and follow through with written procedures for design and internal engineering processes.
• Understands and complies with Safety regulations.
• Schedule and lead effective meetings with both internal and external attendees as required.
• Report the status of initiatives and projects to management as required.
• Establish and maintain organized files, records, lists and resources. Complete all paperwork and reports as required.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Interested applicants should forward expressed letter of interest, resume and/or Job Transfer Request Form to the Human Resource Department ([Click Here to Email Your Resumé])
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 -www.bartellmachinery.com- fax 315-336-1084