The Cook is responsible for the preparation of all food items as per standardized recipes.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Prepares all soups, stocks, sauces; boils, braises and roasts items as written in established recipes.
2. Prepares and serves all sautéed, fried, grilled, steamed and baked items as written in established recipes.
3. Prepares or directs the preparation of all food served, following established recipes and special diet orders. Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
4. Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus and sees that supplies are obtained from storage areas in adequate time for meal production.
1. Maintains assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
2. Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
3. Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
4. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Sagewood fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises in all of our job descriptions:
▪ We great residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
▪ We treat everyone with courteous respect.
▪ We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
▪ We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
▪ We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
▪ We embrace and value our differences.
▪ We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
▪ We as “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
▪ We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
▪ We pay attention to details.