Licensed Practical Nurse
- Standard ShiftDepartment: Nursing
FLSA: Hourly Non-ExemptGenerally Reports to: DON/Unit Mgr.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. SUMMARY
Assesses and evaluates the health status of resident / patient and provides care and treatment in accordance with physician orders and standards of practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assesses patients by physical examination including pertinent diagnostic testing to determine health status.
• Administers medications and treatments.
• Participates in the care planning process and oversees implementation of the plan.
• Supervises nursing assistants.
• Communicates with physicians regarding changes in conditions, diagnostic test results, etc.
• Documents assessments and care in compliance with standards of care and company policy.
• Educates patients and their families on health-related issues.
• Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
• Valid State licensure .
• Current CPR certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE,M/FH/V, Drug-free/ Smoke-free Workplace