Position Summary :
The residential mortgage underwriter will manage negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions. Maintain monthly performance measurements: Timeliness, production goals, compliance/regulatory, and customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide prompt, courteous and excellent service at an acceptable cost to all customers and operate in accordance with the company's Statement of Business Practices, Affirmative Action Diversity and other standards.
* Perform credit and property analysis on conventional loan files submitted within the time frame established by departmental management.
* Adequately and effectively explain in written and verbal form the decision reached in a manner that will maintain a positive relationship with all customers.
* Perform timely reviews of conditions submitted, as well as loan resubmissions.
* Typically handles higher risk loans. Analyze challenging loan packages to render sound credit solutions.
* Provides exemplary customer service to both internal staff and external customer by explaining credit decision and offering alternative options when needed.
* Maintain quality and production standards as defined by business. Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required