LEAD, SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEER
ALLDATA – The Company of Choice
ALLDATA® is an AutoZone® company and is the leading provider of automotive repair information and solutions to the professional automotive service industry. Thousands of professional repair and collision shops across North America depend on ALLDATA’s software products for service & repair information, shop management and customer relations solutions.
ALLDATA® is building a team that will develop a complete suite of mobile enabled products and services for all of our products. Be part of a talented team working with the latest technology to create world class software products.
We recognize that our success directly depends on the success of our employees. If you enjoy working in a team-oriented, cooperative, challenging and rewarding environment, ALLDATA® may be the place for you. We are one of the largest employers in the City of Elk Grove, CA with 300 plus employees in our Elk Grove facility and over 100 employees in the field. We also have employees in Germany, Canada and Mexico.
We are looking for individuals committed to maintaining our position as the leader in our market.
ALLDATA® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to this Lead, Software Quality Engineer role, we are presently hiring for multiple technology, sales, content production, and operations positions.
- Competitive Pay & flexible work schedules
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, STD, LTD, Adoption assistance, Tuition reimbursement, Life Insurance)
- Stock Grants (for eligible positions) & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full work-out facility on the premises for use by our employees and their families
- Free Coffee and Tea supplied by company
- AutoZone store discounts & other discount programs including new vehicle purchases
- Employee Incentives (i.e. professional sporting events tickets, movie tickets etc.)
- Special Recognition programs & annual employee fun / community events
- Access to ALLDATA Online
- Well-Being Program developed to promote whole-being wellness awareness, including but not limited to: Mental Health/Stress Management, Physical Health/Fitness, Conflict Resolution, Financial Management and Personal Development.
Lead Software Quality Engineer is a senior-level technical and managerial position, which requires a comprehensive understanding of software quality development and implementation; a thorough understanding of software inspection and testing, verification, and validation; and the ability to implement software development and maintenance processes and methods. Previous work experience must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, as well as manage people and resources. Incumbent should be familiar with software tools available for testing and be capable of training, mentoring and managing junior-level testers.
- Execute test plans, identify defects and report findings to development team and management. Review product materials, documentation, collaterals, packaging and release-related materials.
- Manage the development and documentation of test plans and detailed test cases for all products and internal applications. Ensure thorough compliance to the Tracker defect logging, tracking, and resolution system.
- Oversee multiple Quality Assurance projects by scheduling and resource management for the functional group. Monitor project activities, perform risk assessment and mitigation.
- Provide training to Customer Service on all new end-user products and utilities that are released. Provide second level of support for our products and report findings/resolutions to assist with the continued improvement and evolution of our products.
- Support and assist with the activities in other teams (Media Services, Engineering, Production, Marketing, etc.). Provide expertise, feedback, and contributions for continued process improvement.
- Oversee and supervise the daily activities of all direct reports, including but not limited to: conducting reviews, performing disciplinary actions, time off approvals, setting priorities and professional goals.