- This position will be responsible for process mechanical design, process equipment and installation specifications, vendor and contractor management, process electrical / control and instrumentation design integration as well as construction management and start-up support.
- We require a working knowledge of process flow diagrams, piping & instrument diagrams, mass & heat balances, basic piping system design, pump sizing, material handling methods, equipment & installation specifications, as well as process instrumentation & control principles.
- A practical understanding of sanitary design and construction methods is preferred.
- This position requires strong analytical skills, basic understanding of project management fundamentals as well as strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD).
- Candidates need to possess effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is preferred but consideration will be given to other engineering degrees based on actual experience.
- Minimum 3 years of industrial project engineering experience involving process and related automation applications. Experience in the food and beverage industries is preferred.
40% - 60% travel may be required.
Our preference is for local candidate but consideration will be given to qualified individuals who wish to relocate.
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
Design Group is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Hair Sample Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
This organization uses E-Verify.
To apply for this position please APPLY ONLINE.
Design Group operates as an independent and autonomous unit of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, a leading supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology across a broad spectrum of industries. With more than 8,000 team members spread among 100-plus locations around the globe, we remain united by a common belief: we can use the power of our business to build a better world. For more information, visit our CEO’s blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com.