Medi Home Health & Hospice, a division of Medical Services of America is looking for Full Time Home Health Educators to cover the State College, Altoona and Lewistown areas.
We offer Excellent Compensation
Medical, Dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K with company match, a generous paid leave time program, and paid holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Educates the general public as well as the medical community of the Agency’s products and services. Promotes and maintains the image of the agency in the area served according to agency mission, philosophy and all regulatory standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Represents the Agency in establishing and maintaining open lines of communication with area physicians and health care facilities. Explains and interprets Medicare guidelines for home care and screens potential patients for home care eligibility. Asks for referrals.
- Meets as necessary with the Central Intake Coordinator and Administrator for the purpose of discussing problems, future planning and keeping the Administrator informed of all pertinent information regarding relevant hospital policy changes and/or changes in the industry.
- Responsible for community education pertaining to the services of the agency.
- Acts as liaison between hospitals, long-term care centers, extended care facilities, physicians, and managed care organizations.
- Consistently facilitates positive interpersonal relations among staff.
- Participates in short and long-range planning of the branches and implements specific measures and branch growth. Increases market share through education of physicians and other community referral sources.
- Works with other agencies and promotes good community relations through involvement in community events.
- Keeps abreast of home health issues.
- Submits written reports on activities and reports results within specified time frames.
- Required to meet and maintain performance standards as well as activity and result standards as set by the Administrator and as communicated by the Central Intake Coordinator.
- Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner and maintains the highest ethical standards consistent with policies and procedures of the company.
- Participates in the agency’s quality/performance improvement program.
- Practices confidentiality and respect for patient rights.