Halloween City Assistant Manager - Pacific Commons
In 1981 Halloween City opened our first stores in Walled Lake and Brighton, Michigan. In 2007 we joined the Party City Retail Group. Today we operate in over 30 states nationwide! Halloween City's temporary stores have been providing the country's best combination of value and selection of Costumes, Accessories and Halloween Décor for over 30 years.
Halloween comes but once a year and it just might be your next big opportunity.
Halloween City is searching for energetic, dynamic professionals with exceptional leadership and customer service skills. Assistant Manager Positions are now available for the fall 2013 season. Join a diverse team of competitive retail professionals in the fast paced, frenetic and rewarding world of seasonal retail.
Benefits of working for Halloween City
- Competitive salary
- Exciting and unforgettable work environment
- 30% employee discount
- Opportunity to return for seasonal employment year after year
The Assistant Manager acts as a Halloween City representative to the buying public. Responsible for driving sales, reducing controllable expenses, and the day to day operations of a temporary Halloween retail store. Adheres to all policies and procedures established by Halloween City in order to achieve our overall goals.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
SUPERVISES: Halloween Specialists
Primary Functions: Assists GM in all of the following:
• Developing Associates for advancement
• Weekly scheduling according to given budgets
• Monitor payroll/daily approval of Associate time clock punches in E-time Store Operations
• Minimum of 32 hours per week
• Complete Halloween Highlights training program
• Set standard of excellence for Customer Service
• Daily implementation of the Own Your Zone program
• Oversee all aspects of the cash register operations, daily banking and nightly reconciliation following Halloween City policies and procedures
• Utilize the Retail. Net reports and loss prevention audit procedures to reduce the potential for loss
• Meet/exceed Halloween City sales goals by driving sales using corporate sales initiatives such as, item of the day, contests and email collection by ensuring compliance of staff
• Facilitate weekly Huddle meetings
• Process freight following Company receiving procedures
• Responsible for all store assets, possession of store and office keys
• Participate in the physical inventory and tear-down of the store at the end of the season
• Prevent shrink by maintaining a constant knowledge of the stores activity
• Complete all end of season reports, including termination reports to ensure that all Associates are terminated correctly and paid on time per state specific requirements
• Prepare succession plan for following year Merchandising
• Store setup/reprocess carry over merchandise
• Ensure the continued integrity of store flow-o-grams, plan-o-grams and endcaps by referring to the Visual Merchandise Manual
• Compliance with price changes and corporate merchandising directives
• Maintain control of damages, defectives, and parts & pieces Communication
• Update store communication board with zone charts, daily task list, store schedule, etc.
• Alert Market Manager of store concerns, inventory needs, staffing concerns and general questions
• Maintain constant communication with Market Manager and Corporate contacts via phone and/or store email
• Request additional training if it is deemed necessary Marketing
• Seek out local marketing opportunities and support Corporate marketing initiatives such as Friends and Family, Business to Business and Regional Haunt programs
• Properly display all interior store signage such and marketing materials