Mental Health Resource Center, Inc. (MHRC),
a comprehensive not-for-profit mental health and social services provider and Joint Commission accredited organization, is currently seeking a Family Service Counselor
for our Child Protection Services Program.
The Child Protection Services Program works with families who have had allegations of abuse, neglect and/or abandonment made towards them. The Family Service Counselor provides a variety of services to children and families in the community to help them to work towards the goal of reunification.
The main focus of the duties of a Family Service Counselor position is to ensure the protection and safety of the children while working with the families and caregivers.
Family Service Counselors work closely with Department of Children and Families once an investigation of abuse, neglect and/or abandonment begins. Based on the findings of the investigation, children may be placed in a foster care setting outside the home (Dependency Program) or may stay in the home (FAST Program) while services are provided to the family.
Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducts comprehensive assessment and develops a case plan that is designed to remove or resolve any child safety issues and promote permanency.
- Conducts child safety assessments and obtains appropriate information.
- Monitors compliance with case plan.
- Based on information obtained throughout the duration of the case, assesses family’s ability to safely care for the child(ren) and formulates recommendations.
- Throughout case, remains responsible for identifying child safety risks and taking immediate, appropriate actions.
- Identifies signs of abuse and/or neglect and reports findings and indications of abuse, neglect and/or abandonment to the Team Manager and the Florida Abuse Hotline.
- Determines needed services and supports necessary services to ensure child safety and family stability based on information from service providers, psychological reports and psychosocial evaluations.
- Connects children and families with services/supports identified through assessments to reduce and prevent child safety risks and to promote stabilization of the family. Ensures the referrals and services provided take into consideration the needs, ages and culture of the children and families.
- Uses judgment to help families identify and overcome potential barriers to success.
- The Family Service Counselor spends over 85% of his/her time in the community providing services to children and families.
- Opens, maintains and closes case files related to the children and families being served.
- Completes all required documentation, paperwork and system entries.
This full time position offers a comprehensive benefits package. We also offer additional compensation for employees who are certified as a Child Welfare Case Manager in the State of Florida for up to three years.
Opportunities for loan forgiveness or tuition reimbursement from the State of Florida available.
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. and Affiliates is comprised of three private, not-for-profit organizations with 500 employees:
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. (RBHS)
Mental Health Resource Center, Inc. (MHRC)
Mental Health Center of Jacksonville, Inc. (MHCJ)
These not-for profit organizations work together to provide a wide array of mental health, substance abuse, and social services to children and adults throughout Florida.
The mission of Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Affiliates is to improve the quality of life of persons suffering from emotional distress, behavioral problems, mental illness, and substance abuse disorders.
This goal is achieved through the provision of comprehensive services aimed at assessment, intervention, treatment, rehabilitation, education, and advocacy. Our services are delivered in the most appropriate, least restrictive setting and in the most cost effective manner using caring, professional staff.
We view Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Affiliates as the leader in behavioral health care in Florida and continuously strive to provide services of the highest possible quality.