Key Attributes and Skills
We can train for a lot of the necessary industry-specific skills, but you must meet the nine competencies below.
- Extraordinary self-starter
- Unusually curious and innovative problem solver – the type that never gives up. The harder something gets, the harder they try.
- Driven for excellence and quality – never satisfied with mediocrity
- Always learning and growing – looking for better and better ways to drill into candidates’ abilities; learn scenario and behavioral interviewing techniques etc.
- Able and willing to take responsibility and ownership for their successes and their failures
- Highly intelligent and educated enough to gain instant credibility with very senior level management consultants (some with MBAs, PhDs, etc.)
- High degree of self-assurance and confidence and ability to SELL and NEGOTIATE with high-powered consultants
- The ability to work with limited information – always learning something new. We sell into advanced, leading edge areas and a recruiter has to be comfortable dealing with new, highly complex areas where they cannot possibly be an expert, but need to quickly learn enough to “thin slice" and be excellent
- Superior communication skills
It is very important to us that we hire people who fit well into our culture. We are a family-oriented, down-to-earth, fast-paced, sales-driven, entrepreneurial company. Our clients are the executives of some of the largest corporations in the US and our consultants are often former executives.
We want to work with straight-forward, honest people with a high degree of integrity, who tell it like it is. We pride ourselves on our transparent culture, and our penchant for a healthy culture as free of politics as possible. We treat everyone fairly and we expect everyone to respect others and be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty for their teammates. We like to have fun and to celebrate our successes.
Again, we can train for many recruiter-specific skills but you MUST have our key attributes and skills. With that said, however, this is not an entry-level position.
We will give preference to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience recruiting in the staffing industry
- Life Sciences (Pharma Medical Device, Biotech), ERP or IT industry experience
- Some experience recruiting higher level management consultants
Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.