Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Consider bringing your skills and expertise to Dayton Superior Corporation. We are the industry leader in the design, manufacturing and distribution of specialized concrete construction products and our products are found on virtually every major construction site in North America and around the world. This position is located in Miamisburg, OH
We are building a state-of-the-art Innovation Center at our corporate headquarters in Miamisburg, Ohio, that will serve as a hub for research and development and technology services in support of the company’s new product development initiative!
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager will direct and manage all environmental, health and safety matters for the corporation, including policy and practice development, training, and compliance. Develops a world-class safety environment through this policy development, but also by training employees and managers how to create and sustain a world class safety environment in their facilities.
- Serves as the primary focal point for multi-sites by managing all environmental issues including regulatory compliance, permits, training, hazardous waste disposal and record keeping
- Interface with federal regulations and agencies, state and local safety laws, codes and rules are observed
- Train and develop site personnel in environmental and permitting issues, maintain proper records of training
- Train and develop site personnel in health and safety compliance, maintain proper records of training
- Establishes and maintain corporate standard policies, practices, rules and programs dealing with all phases of occupational procedures for environmental, safety, health, accident prevention and industrial hygiene
- Manage and maintain EHS field testing to quantify regulatory compliance
- Provides counsel to senior management, managers and supervisors; acts in a consulting capacity on safety, health and industrial hygiene compliance
- Support Worker’s Compensation activities and implement comprehensive program to reduce costs
- Investigate all employee accidents and develop root cause for all accidents
- Perform on-site safety inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices at multi-sites
- Manage third party CMP program
- BS/BA Business, Engineering or Science, with emphasis on Environmental Safety Management
- Minimum 10 years experience in successfully acquiring permits and achieving site environmental compliance, implementing Behavior-based safety and health programs in manufacturing and shipping facilities
- Strong background in health/safety and regulatory affairs
- Demonstrated excellent technical knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene principles
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations
- Experience in conducting safety training
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation laws
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent array of benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision; generous holidays; Incentives; 401k; Tuition Assistance and more. A drug test and background check is required.
If you’re interested in joining a company that is dedicated to your professional growth — look no further than Dayton Superior. Apply online at www.daytonsuperior.com and search Job number HEA-14-00001.