Heritage Medical Associates is currently recruiting Front Office Coordinator's (Scheduler / Receptionists and Medical Receptionist) positions supporting a variety of locations: Downtown and ST. Thomas West Areas. This is an excellent opportunity for long term success with an established, stable and successful practice.
Heritage Medical Associates was founded in 1991, when three independent groups of internists came together to form an organization that would be ideally suited to continue to offer quality patient care in the ever-changing health care setting. From the original practices, we have grown to be the largest independently-owned multi-specialty group in Middle Tennessee, with over 100 physicians and other providers practicing more than a dozen specialties. In addition to the physician practices, we offer a full range of laboratory and diagnostic services, including advance imaging such as mammography, CT and MRI.
POSITIONS (All positions are full time unless otherwise listed):
(1) Front Office Coordinator- 2 (Receptionist/Patient Appointment Scheduler), (OPHTHALMOLOGY), (1) DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE
(2) Front Office Coordinator- 2 (Receptionist/Scheduler), (Primary Care / Internal Medicine), (1) ST. THOMAS WEST & (1) NASHVILLE
SCHEDULE (DAYS/HOURS) & LOCATIONS:
- (DOWNTOWN - OPHTHALMOLOGY) Monday - Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm. May be required to stay later depending on patient schedule. Monthly staff meeting @ 7am. (1) Opening for Downtown Mid State Location.
- (DOWNTOWN - PRIMARY CARE/INTERNAL MEDICINE) Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM. May be required to stay later depending on patient schedule. Monthly staff meeting @ 7am.
- (DOWNTOWN - ST. THOMAS WEST - PRIMARY CARE/INTERNAL MEDICINE) Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. May be required to stay later depending on patient schedule.
We are seeking focused, dependable, committed candidates with exceptional customer service, multi-tasking and phone etiquette skills who truly enjoy working with and interacting with patient’s - striving to meet patient’s needs.
Our ideal candidate would possess:
- A minimum of 1 year Medical Reception / Medical Scheduling Office experience.
- An Energetic upbeat positive disposition
- Ability to take ownership of position and make it their own
- Able to multi-task and seamlessly field task changes easily
- Capable of balancing an extremely busy multi-line phone system with daily face-to-face patient interaction
The Front Office Coordinator II (FOC II) (Scheduler / Receptionist) is responsible for all aspects of the front desk. The FOC II must effectively and professionally manage patient flow from arrival to departure; perform various clerical duties; interacts with other clinic personnel, patients and visitors, and fellow employees to ensure good internal and public relations. They also handle incoming calls, checks in and checks out patients according to established protocol for that office and schedules/reschedules patient appointments as necessary.
- Greet and welcome patients to clinic and exceed their expectations.
- Collect, obtain data, have all forms signed and processed appropriately.
- Enter / update patient data.
- Collect and post patient payments for financial processing
- Maintain a good work flow to ensure patient efficiency.
- Schedule appointments for new and return patient visits.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of insurance plans private and Government MCO's, anticipate clinic needs and prepare accordingly.
- Ability to multi-task and confidently handle a fast paced medical office work environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to establish strong rapport with patients, co-workers, providers and supervisors. Able to effectively and professionally communicate needs with patients and co-workers.
- 2 Years' Previous Reception experience in a Medical Office / clinic required (3+ years preferred). Ophthalmology medical office experience very helpful.
- Enjoy building long-term relationships with children, adults and families
- Exceptional attention to detail and documentation, organization and telephone skills - able to handle high call volume.
- Must be dependable, have a strong work ethic and be a team player – able to get along with a mix of personalities and have exceptional communication skills.
- Strong computer skills necessary, experience with Patient Scheduling programs and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).