GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: - Responsibilities include all front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical records, filing, cashiering, and computer work.
SUPERVISOR: Practice Manager
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Work at the reception desk, answer phones, greet and communicate with patients and providers.
2. Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
3. Checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
4. Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics.
5. Filing and retrieving medical records/files.
6. Copying and faxing duties.
7. Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
8. Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer.
9. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
10. Perform other duties as required.
11. Must read, understand, and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures.
12. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
Practices certified as Patient Center Medical Home include these additional job duties:
13. Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities and referrals from the primary care provider to a specialty care provider.
14. Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, audits and programmatic evaluation related to Patient Centered Medical Home.