A growing Healthcare practice is looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee and manage it's Accounting Department.
PURPOSE OF JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of the ACCOUNTING MANAGER position is to be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of financial reports and budgets required by the company’s management and regulatory agencies. Oversee and manage the general accounting functions. Responsible for assisting in the development, analysis and interpretation of accounting information.
The ACCOUNTING MANAGER reports to the CEO of MSO Colorado.
Every effort has been made to make the ACCOUNTING MANAGER job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preparation of monthly financial statements
• Manage the accounting department
• Team performance management including staff training, coaching, development and evaluation
• Cash management - Manage cash flow
• Ensure all team deliverables are completed and deadlines met
• Financial analysis - perform analysis/projections of results
• Supervises and mentors transactional accounting staff including inventory, fixed assets, A/P, and general accounting, property taxes, sales/use taxes, ensuring their compliance with GAAP and company policies
• Review and Present financial statements
• Review and supervise 1099 preparation
• Supervise and review of payroll returns and W-2’s and W-3’s
• Oversees and manages the monthly close process
• Reviews and approves journal entries and account reconciliations
• Reviews general ledger detail; verifies proper and timely journal entries created
• Oversees general ledger control process, ensures compliance with internal controls, and recommends changes to strengthen control environment.
• Routine analysis of production
• Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
• Develops opportunities to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting organization
• Stays abreast of US GAAP pronouncements and trends
• Handles other duties and special projects assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position