Bishop & Co. is seeking candidates for a Business Analyst Manager opportunity with a company in Honolulu. This is a direct hire position with benefits.
**Only in-state applicants will be considered**
Under the direction of the IT Applications & Development Manager, the Business Analyst Manager will provide management oversight and direction for IT Business Analysts (BA) and dotted line oversight of BA outside IT to ensure minimum skill levels and adherence to BA function best practices and processes. Major areas of responsibility including mainframe and client server application support and development, risk, project, and vendor management, project prioritization, service request status and metric reporting, business intelligence (data analytics) and data management and governance.
1. Provides Business Analysis planning and management.
- Responsible for directing, managing, and improving the skill level of the business analyst team – project assignments, execution, and monitoring, application support and development, process improvements, goals, strategies, and data governance.
- Communicates, works with, and coordinates requirements, testing and schedules with all levels of management in the company and with vendors.
2. Serves as primary manager in charge of resource allocation.
- Responsible for IT service request process, specific management of all application and data base support and development requests.
- Analyzes and triages incoming resource requests and apply internal business value and risk methodologies to help IT manager determine resource allocation and request priorities.
- Coordinates service request resource allocation and issue resolution among all BAs with their managers.
- Escalates issues/problems to management as required. Provide direction and management oversight to application and data base vendors.
3. Responsible for leveraging and improving the BA processes.
- Responsible for leveraging and improving BA skill within department and among BA outside IT, continuous improvement of BA best practices, processes, tools, metrics, and status and issue reporting.
- As directed, monitors developments and facilitate research for company-wide delivery and major core application and data base systems.
- Recommends changes to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and improve customer service by being data decision driven by analyzing data and metrics about BA activities.
4. Prepares and generates various reports and analysis for management.
- Prepares operational and capital budgets, staff evaluations, training plans for the department and as directed, assess business unit BA and effectiveness.
- Prepares and reviews cost-benefit analysis of system and business enhancements, upgrades, and replacements to ensure business value and prioritization of requests by such value.
- Generates Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics for management reporting and analyze trends to improve the efficiency, processing, and future application and infrastructure planning.