KDC | Columbus, a world class contract manufacturer of personal care products in New Albany, Ohio is currently recruiting for a Packaging Engineer.
The Production Engineer plans and directs activities to optimize filling line performance and drive continuous improvement plans. The Production Engineer understands and implements company and customer written procedures in accordance with cGMP and other governmental regulations. Also plays a key role in equipment selection for new projects and cost savings initiatives.
• Drives continuous improvements throughout filling and packaging operations.
• Supports manufacturing operations by troubleshooting and process improvement.
• Develops and implements processes and systems to measure line performance and prioritize improvement areas to reduce downtime and improve quality and throughput..
• Manages the development and implementation of equipment for new products, processes, and capacity expansion plans.
• Leads equipment and process qualification activities for new equipment and processes.
• Assists with all project proposals and cost estimates as well as gathers all project related quotes. Provides costing estimates for projects and products.
• Provides leadership and training in continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, DMAIC, etc) and coaches employees in the use of these tools.
• Tracks improvement project and submits weekly summaries detailing status of each project.
• Ensures that capital projects are on budget.
• Provides training to line leads, operators, and mechanics as needed in key SOPs and improvement methodologies.
• Supports Health & Safety programs and cGMP initiatives.