Education & Work Experience:
- Masters degree/PhD in Math, Economics, and/or Statistics preferred.
- Extensive hands-on predictive modeling experience with developing and maintaining risk scoring, pricing, optimization, and fraud detection models.
- Knowledge of P&C insurance industry practices and background in property insurance underwriting, actuarial science, or claims is strongly preferred.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensive experience using statistical analysis and modeling tools like: SAS, SPSS, or R.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and certifications will be a plus.
- Strong experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office software including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Good writing, editing, communications, organizational, and decision making skills.
- Insurance industry credentials and Predictive modeling certifications will be a plus.
- Prior work experience and exposure to business intelligence and data visualization tools will be a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- General office environment.
- No special physical demands required.
Marshall & Swift/Boeckh (MSB) is the leading provider of property valuation and related business information to government agencies, and the real estate, lending, investing, and insurance markets. Utilizing state-of-the-art databases, systems, and proprietary technologies, MSB enables enterprises to access and manage large volumes of mission-critical data.
An available portfolio of high-value analytical services provides clients with core business solutions that transform ordinary data into valuable and actionable business intelligence to provide for improved risk-based decisioning, marketing initiatives, and similar situational analysis.
Premised with the understanding that knowledge is power, MSB software and tools enable businesses to utilize their data, along with MSB provided analytics and automation to arrive at better, more consistent business decisions.
MSB is a Decision Insight Information Group company which is owned by a private equity firm, TPG Capital®. Located in the U.S., Canada and Europe, Decision Insight Information Group delivers a comprehensive range of information, infrastructure and decision support products and services for financial and legal professionals. Operating at the heart of the property industry, Decision Insight Information Group manages complex information solutions and provides clarity on decision making for buying, selling, conveyancing, financing and insurance.
Decision Insight companies include MSB and DataQuick in the U.S., Access Point Information Canada, SearchFlow, xit2 and Decision Insight Hub in the UK, Millar & Bryce in Scotland, Rochford Brady Group in the Republic of Ireland, and Wertweiser, a joint venture with HVB Bank, in Germany. Decision Insight has 1,100 employees in 16 offices. For more information, visit www.decisioninsightgroup.com.
TPG Capital® is a leading global private investment firm with over $47 billion of capital under management across a family of funds. Since the firm's founding in 1992, TPG’s investment philosophy has been to create value by investing in change - change created by industry trends, economic cycles or specific company circumstances.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled