Director of Nursing / DON / Registered Nurse / RN
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Registered nurse with current unencumbered licensure to practice professional nursing in the state in which the care is being provided.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience with at least half of that time working in home health or related health care organization. Minimum three to five years of direct employee supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
- Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
- Proven ability to build quality and implement improvements within the operation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytic/Critical thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
- Case management skills are a plus
- Policy development is a plus
- Ability to travel on a daily basis including weekends, nights and holidays
- Understands regulatory compliance
- State requirement for the franchise location
- Federal regulations including but not limited to OSHA, HIPAA
CareerBuilder Related Keywords: R.N., RN, registered nurse, nursing, er, emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrics, pediatrics, intensive care unit, ICU, I.C.U., E.R., Homecare, Home Care, Hospice, nurse, medical, nurse manager, nurse supervisor, manager, management, supervisor, DON, D.O.N., Director of Nursing