Inside Sales Representative
• Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical
• Determine customer requirements and expectations to recommend products & solutions.
• Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
• Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers’ profitability profiles.
• Accurately process transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
• Provide accurate information on in-stock items.
• Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items.
• Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
• Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery.
• Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
• Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint.
• Fill requests for catalogs, information or samples.
• Remain current on consumer preferences, changes in local codes and product developments by attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows, or reading trade journals.
• Setup and maintain customer files.
• Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
• Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the team.
• Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
• Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts.