Title: Linux/Unix Administrator
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
$68K - 75K
Our client is seeking a Linux/Unix Administrator for a perm position in Atlanta, GA. As a Systems Administrator you must have an in-depth knowledge of operating systems, hardware, and storage. The position will be responsible for diagnosing complex problems, maintaining the Unix system infrastructure, enterprise backup support, storage management and support within the VMware virtual environment. This position will work with other highly skilled members of the team to ensure consistent and reliable infrastructure support.
• Participate in analysis, testing, design and implementation of solutions to meet customer requirements
• Participate in the design, analysis, testing and implementation of processes to improve system security, availability, reliability, efficiency, and/or functionality.
• Modify, enhance, and restore production systems to ensure continued security, availability, reliability and functionality
• Provide Level 2 support: Diagnose and resolve moderate-to-complex multi-system problems with operating system, hardware and/or storage problems supported by the Platform and Storage Engineering (PSE) group
• Document system configuration, installations, and maintenance processes
• An understanding of Operating Systems and Storage concepts, protocols, and industry standards.
• An in-depth level understanding of one of the following areas: System Virtualization, Storage Area Networks(SAN), Network Attached Storage(NAS), Enterprise backup and recover/Data Protection, System Automation, Cloud Computing, Desktop Management, Operating systems, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Apple MACOS, RedHat, Solaris, Novell, AIX, SUSE, system hardware.
• Has a general understanding of more than one of the following areas: System Virtualization, Storage Area Networks(SAN), Network Attached Storage(NAS) Enterprise backup and recovery/Data Protection, System Automation, Cloud Computing, Desktop Management, Operating systems, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Apple MACOS, RedHat, Solaris, Novell, AIX, SUSE, system hardware.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Programming skills in a language used for system automation such as perl or powershell
For immediate consideration Linux/Unix Administrator, in Atlanta, GA please forward your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Synergis offers comprehensive benefit plans to our consultants, including Medical, Dental & Vision insurance. We also PAY up to 70% of the base medical coverage cost for employee only.
Synergis is a woman-owned company that serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognitions by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Recently named the Best Place to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 10 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.