About the Job
vRad has been named by the Star Tribune as one of the Top 100 Workplaces in Minnesota in 2011! The Star Tribune ranked vRad 18th among 35 medium-sized companies in this year’s survey. vRad scored highest in three categories—direction, execution and managers—reflecting team members’ confidence in leadership, high values and ethics, work efficiency and the company’s strategic direction.
At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve.
vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs. At vRad you make a difference.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer.
vRad is looking for an energetic Software Engineer with a passion for building forward thinking, high performing applications.
Examples of what vRad’s Engineering team has done:
- Rebuilt our client facing Order Management System web application as a single page application with technologies including knockout.js, WebAPI and .Net MVC.
- vRad ranked #38 on Information Week’s 100 most innovative companies.
- Built our own PACS system that ingests over 3.2 million medical images per day.
- Built a patented automatic assignment engine with a flexible rule set to assign radiology studies that averages over 153,000 assignments per day.
- Built tools to help over 3.2 million people receive high quality medical care in the past year.
What you will do:
- Join a collaborative team of Software Engineers working to enhance vRad’s suite of applications by adding new functionality and enhancing performance.
- Have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects using a variety of technologies including both Windows and Web.
- Develop software in C#, ASP.Net using structured coding practices.
- Work with stakeholders to develop requirements and design the solution.
- Contribute to the design and development of applications and systems for a highly available, 24/7 high volume transactional platform.
- Pitch in on other activities as needed.