We are actively recruiting for Store Management Trainees/Co-Mangers for our Michigan stores. (Lansing area, Flint/Saginaw area, Detroit Metro)
Your career begins in the Management Development Program. During 17 weeks of classroom and in-store training, you develop Managerial, Merchandising, Leadership, Inventory Control,and Customer Service skills that enhance your abilities to run a multi-million dollar operation. Upon graduation, you become part of a high performance team creating a positive and engaging work environment where hard work and results provide endless opportunities for future success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement plans for achieving departmental objectives and business plans.
- Follows through on sales plans in full support of division merchandising programs.
- Plan and carries out in-store promotions and interdepartmental tie-ins to maximize sales and create a selling atmosphere.
- Establishes and maintains effective inventory control methods in all departments.
- Controls ordering; avoids overstocks; support administration.
- Require, through proper supervision, effective pricing of merchandise.
- Ensures freshness of product by closely adhering to rotation and dating policy.
- Schedules and organizes work force consistent with store sales and union contract.
- Controls departmental expenses such as wages, utilities, wrapping supplies, etc.
- Assist in the selection, indoctrination, training and development of departmental personnel, utilizing division training programs.
- Plans and conducts weekly meetings with departmental personnel.
- Supervises Sanitation Program in compliance with division standards.
- Administers safety and fire prevention programs as directed by division of Loss Prevention Department.
- Is familiar with and works within framework of labor contracts in stores.
- Keeps Store Manager informed of all activities within own area of responsibility.
- Instructs in the proper use of store equipment to ensure safety standards are accomplished.
- Works closely with department heads, keeping them informed of matters, which affect them and their performance, both individually and departmentally.
- Maintains self-development program to improve own personal knowledge, skills, and abilities in order to continue to upgrade own contribution to the store.
- Handles customer complaints quickly and efficiently in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Maintain security (cash handling, shop lifting, and theft).
- Supports and works to achieve equal employment opportunities and promotions for minorities and females.
- Assumes responsibility for the store in absence of the Store Manager.
In addition to competitive salaries and an attractive bonus program, Kroger offers
- Very Competitive Health & Income Protection Plans
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Account,with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Relocation Opportunities
- Associate Discounts
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Credit Union Membership
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stock Options
It is the policy of The Kroger Company to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Click "Apply Now" to be considered for this position.