Currently seeking a Medical Assistants for a variety of specialty practices in the Triad area.
AAMA or AMT certification is required.
NATURE OF WORK: Assist providers to ensure that the back office both runs effectively and efficiently. This is done by preparing patient rooms, and by providing the providers with hands-on assistance during appointments and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Prepare patient rooms prior to appointment. Stock rooms with supplies needed for that days appointment.
2. Prepare patient: Put patient in room, take vitals if necessary, perform initial assessment and taking personal history information.
3. Assist the physician by charting/scripting and writing prescriptions to be signed by the provider.
4. Assist physicians with exams.
5. Give injections as directed by the physician
6. Prepare slides for physician to examine under the microscope
7. Perform in office procedures, including phlebotomy, urinalysis, etc.
8. Wrap instruments for sterilization
9. Prepare specimens to be sent to the lab. Fill out all appropriate paperwork to send with specimen.
10. Report results to patients
11. Counsel patients
12. Schedule outside testing and appointments for patients.
13. Call in prescriptions as directed by physician
14. Assist in Administrative areas if needed.
a. File Charts back to designated area.
b. Pull Charts for next day's appointments and correspondence
c. Answer Phones
15. Attend required meetings as requested.
16. Enhance professional growth and development through in-service meetings and educational programs.
17. Maintain strict confidentiality. Work closely with providers and Clinical / Nurse Manager.
18. Fulfill other duties as assigned by Providers, Clinical / Nurse manager or Administrator.
Associates degree in Medical Assisting program
$12+ / hour DOE
(Some late days required to accomodate late appointments)
Current needs for the following Specialties: Dermatology, Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Allergy & Asthma, Internal Medicine, Orthopaedic
If you are interested in this position please email an MS Word resume to Larin Holt, Assistant Staffing Supervisor, at Advanced Personnel Resources, or click Apply Now.
Benefits offered by Advanced Personnel Resources Inc
Short / Long Term Medical Insurance
Holiday Pay and Holiday after accrued hours
Skills Training / Tutorials offered