- Have previous auditing/consulting or penetration testing experience
- Own more than one black t-shirt
- Have managed networks and systems for both Windows and Unix platforms (even if it's the half-dozen systems stored under your bed)
- Know general information security principles
- Have coding and scripting experience (Ruby and Python are a plus, but are not required)
- Have tried to exploit security holes and then fix them, but only on your own systems
- Be able to communicate technical information to C-level, highly-technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Write good and speak gooder
Bonus Points If You:
- Are professionally, or willing to get, certified (while certifications don't indicate competence, they do reflect professionalism and a minimum knowledge level) in any of the following:
- Security and IT certifications (e.g., CISSP, GIAC, CISA, CEH)
- Technical certifications (e.g., MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
- Related industry certifications (e.g., QSA, PA-QSA)
- Have payment card industry (PCI DSS, PA-DSS, P2PE Payment Card Industry Point-to-Point Encryption, PFI), financial (GLBA, SOX, SSAE 16) or health care (HIPAA/HITECH) experience
- Are fluent in Spanish or other languages and interested in traveling internationally to help us service our growing base of international customers
- Are a member of a professional industry group (e.g., InfraGard, OWASP)
If you like to break into your own systems and you're a quick learner, you'll fit in well. We'll make sure your techniques are in line with ours.
If you've broken into someone else's system without authorization, please don't bother to apply.
Sikich LLP is a nationally-ranked top 40 public accounting and consulting firm. Working at Sikich, you’ll become part of a highly motivated and competent team that values individual effort and growth while encouraging balance between your personal and work life. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset—our employees drive our success.
As the security and compliance division of Sikich, we are a highly-technical group specializing in performing compliance audits, computer security assessments, penetration tests and computer forensic investigations. We are an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV), a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), a Payment Application Qualified Security Assessor (PA-QSA), a QSA and PA-QSA for Point-to-Point Encryption (QSA (P2PE) and PA-QSA (P2PE)) and a PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI) certified to perform the requirements of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS).
Sikich is honored to have been named a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune and recognized nationally as a Best and Brightest Company to Work For. If you're looking to take your career to the next level, learn more about Sikich—and the possibilities for you. Visit us as sikich.com/careers
Working for Sikich:
We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset—our employees drive our success. That’s why Sikich believes in empowering our people with real-time career development, offering diverse and challenging work, and providing solid growth opportunities. We're always looking for talented people to join our team. If you have a let’s get down to business, roll up your sleeves mindset, then Sikich is the place for you.
- Major Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Exam Costs for Professional Certifications
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Paternal & Adoption Leave
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Reimbursement
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]