Are you a compassionate and highly qualified RN - Registered Nurse, or LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse? Do you have an interest in working for a faith-based organization where you can use your skills to truly make a positive difference in people’s lives? Join our team at Signature Healthcare! We are a long-term healthcare provider that is committed to providing an environment of wellness, healing, and independence for our residents. We are currently seeking to add a Treatment Nurse to our team to provide nursing care to residents at one of our long-term facilities.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, a great work/life balance, and a truly unique company culture that encourages your personal and professional development and places a high value on your innovative ideas. Plus, you will have the rewarding experience of making a vital and positive difference in the lives of our residents. If this sounds like the career move you’ve been waiting for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
As one of our Treatment Nurses, you will ensure that our residents receive consistent and high-quality care as prescribed by their physicians. This will include administering medications and medical treatments as well as coordinating treatment plans and determining the level of care for each resident based on their specific needs.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Identifying and participating in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment
- Assessing and documenting resident progress in their medical record
- Performing all preventive skin care, dressing changes, and wound care
- Monitoring the turning and positioning of residents as well as the treatment of decubitus ulcers
- Making rounds with physician, as needed, to discuss the care of residents who are currently receiving decubitus or catheter care
- Assessing weekly nutrition/hydration of residents and evaluating and initiating additional nutritional intake, as required.
- Notifying physician of new resident problems or changes of condition
- Obtaining changes in physician’s orders as indicated by resident’s progress or lack of progress
- Communicating pertinent information about resident condition and progress to charge nurses, supervisors, and Director of Nursing, as indicated
- Maintaining clean, orderly treatment cart and restocking treatment supplies
- Administering medications and treatments accurately as ordered by the physician and according to all facility policies and procedures
- Assisting in monitoring the inventory of medications, medical supplies, and equipment to ensure that adequate supplies of skin care products are on hand to meet the needs of residents
- Participating in educational programs for residents and their family members relative to skin care when a resident is being discharged to home
- Participating in Quality Improvement activities as assigned
- Completing other special projects and duties as assigned