DB2 Database Administrator
Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
Uline is a leading North American distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. Founded in 1980, the family-owned business has experienced continuous growth over the years. Today, we employ over 3,100 bright, career-minded individuals across the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
At Uline, we're energetic and passionate about what we do. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to superior customer service.
Uline seeks a DB2 Database Administrator at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (south of Milwaukee).
DB2 DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, enhance and develop IBM DB2 for i databases. Develop and manage standards and best practices.
- Work with the database review committee to modernize legacy databases.
- Create indexing strategies and periodically review indexes for tables.
- Manage database objects – schemas, views, tables, stored procedures and triggers.
- Work with application development teams to develop data models that support business processes. Ensure changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
DB2 DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years as a multi-platform IT database administrator, designer, developer or architect on IBM iSeries.
- Proficiency in IBM i, RPG and SQL.
- Willing and able to learn SQL server technology.
Hands-on programming experience with DDL, Stored Procedures, SQL and Triggers on iSeries.
- Expertise in database implementation using proper data modeling and normalization principles.
- Strong background in database performance analysis and tuning in an IBM i environment.
- Good understanding of DDS physical and logical file objects.
- Good understanding of DDL tables, views and index objects.
- Adept with ETL tools such as DTS / SSIS, Informatica and DataStage a plus.
- Proficient with IBM data architect a plus.
- Experience with IBM’s DB Modernization approach a big plus.
- Experience in data replication, plus an understanding of SQL Server and Oracle applications databases / interfaces a big plus.
- Willing to be part of DBA after hours on-call support.
DB2 DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR BENEFITS
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.