* We also service Osceola County, Orange County and Brevard County.
- The Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant provides specifically defined, non-skilled health care services under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to enable the client to remain in the home
- The Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant is a licensed health care worker who provides personal care and light housekeeping services in the home setting of clients and families who are unable to perform these activities independently.
- The Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant conforms to all Spring Hills Home Care Services policies and procedures including providing care in compliance with Spring Hills Home Care Services Bill of Rights, observing client and family confidentiality, and adherence to Spring Hills Home Care Services dress code.
The duties of a Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant may include, but are not limited to the following based on the individual care plan of the client:
- The performance of all personal care which include assisting the client with personal hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, shaving, physical transfer, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintenance of a clean, safe and healthy environment, which may include light cleaning and straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping and living areas, washing the client’s dishes or laundry, and such tasks to maintain cleanliness and safety for the client
- Other activities as taught by a Licensed Health Professional from Spring Hills Home Care Services for a specific client and are restricted to the following:
a) assisting with the changing of a colostomy bag, reinforcement of the dressing
b) assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living such as a wheelchair or walker
c) assisting with the prescribed range of motion exercises
d) assisting with prescribed ice cap or collar
e) doing simple urine test for sugar, acetone or albumin
f) measuring and preparing special diets
g) measuring intake and output of fluids
h) measuring temperature, pulse, respirations or blood pressure
- Keeping records of personal healthcare activities
- Observing appearance and gross behavior changes in the client and reporting to the Registered Nurse
Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant May Not:
- Administer or pour medication as mandated by law.
- Cut the fingernails or toenails of any client.
- Provide hands on assistance with ambulation when Client uses mechanical aids such as walker.
- Perform any type of heavy housework such as cleaning stoves with oven cleaner, moving heavy furniture or appliances etc…