Local Austin client is seeking Default Prevention/Collection representative for temp to hire positions, with great benefits once taken on perm.
Company is open from 7am - 9pm and Saturdays. Must be able to work any shifts. Typically the starting shift is 10am - 9pm and every other Saturday.
Job Duties include:
1) Locate and identify responsible parties by telephone and resolve past due amounts by negotiating payments and payment arrangements.
2) Educate borrowers and co-borrowers about their payment obligation and the terms of their loans.
3) Convey the consequences of non-payment to borrowers and co-borrowers.
4) Create financial, administrative, and maintenance transactions.
5) Verify points of contact for borrowers and co-borrowers (addresses, phone numbers, email addresses).
6) Identify reason(s) for delinquency.
7) Trace non-responsive borrowers and co-borrowers by investigating possible phone numbers and addresses.
8) Support research and resolution of responsibility disputes.
9) Support borrower and co-borrower service requests.
10) Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous duties such as answering correspondence.
11) Comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations; and with company's policies and procedures.
12) Use the highest standards of professional ethics and courtesy at all times.