Bishop & Co. is seeking candidates for a Risk Data Analyst opportunity with a company in Honolulu.
This is a direct hire position with benefits.
**Only in-state applicants will be considered**
To accomplish data extract, transform, load activities, perform data, manipulation, staging, scrubbing and conversion of data for use in risk modeling. Under the direction of a risk modelers or analysts, prepares requests to extract and format production data for use in risk modeling activities. Maintains the DFAST assemblage spreadsheets and ensures accuracy through financial reconciliation with data sources including, but not limited to the Call Reports, G/L, ECC/RMDW, legacy systems, regulatory reporting templates, and others, as required. Also, under the direction of a Senior Risk Analyst, performs data profiling activities in support of CCAR.
1. Provide Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data management support for risk modeling activities.
- Collects and organizes data into data vectors as specified by modeling staff.
- Creates repeatable and documented processes for data collection including data extraction, manipulation, scrubbing, reconciliation, or merging/conversion.
- Collaborates on the establishment and implementation of internal controls for data stored and used for risk modeling purposes
- Drafts precise, comprehensive, and auditable documentation regarding data, systems, programs, controls, and resulting outcomes.
- Ensures all documentation complies with regulations and relevant Bank procedures such as the software development lifecycle standards.
- Produces output files in Excel, text, CSV or other technical environments, as specified.
2. Maintains and enhances, as approved, the DFAST Assemblage environment.
- Performs detailed financial level analysis and reconciliation to ensure data accuracy for regulatory reporting and management reporting.
- Maintains a development, test, and production environment for the Assemblage environment to ensure strict testing and change control.
- Produces reports, graphs, and charts, and when required, merge these results with their corresponding textual information for reporting purposes.
- Works with counterparts to install, test, and implement approved changes to the Assemblage environment.
- When requested, designs, tests, and implements changes requested by project requestors.
3. Conduct data profiling activities in support of CCAR data analysis.
- Under the direction of a Risk Analyst and within the confines of the CCAR regulation, create and execute data extracts to assist in the analysis of data portfolios in production systems.
- Performs financial summarization and reconciliation to enable other risk management staff to write specifications for CCAR data extraction for compliance purposes.
- Prepares documentation in support of CCAR data specifications.