Allied Search Partners is the leading provider of career minded laboratory professionals We are looking for an Operations Manager for a laboratory in Northern New Jersey/Metro NY area. Know someone for this position? We offer a $$ bonus if we place your referral in a position.
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://www.alliedsearchpartners.com/careers.php
Position: Laboratory Operations Manager
Location: Northern NJ/Metro NY
Schedule: Long Term/Permanent Position
Please send resume, availability for a phone screen with us, AND salary expectations to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax to 888 388 7572.
- We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
- Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
- Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
- Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
- We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
Under the direction of the direction of the President and CEO, the Laboratory Operations Manager serves as a liaison between the Executive team and all departments of the clinical laboratory. This position manages operations and implements Company policies and procedures.
The Laboratory Operations Manager provides leadership to Laboratory Operations as it pertains to Administration, Finance, Human Resources and IT. Working in collaboration with the Medical Director, this position sets goals, monitors work, and evaluates results within the clinical laboratory to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met. This position ensures that laboratory standards are met and monitored with all federal, state, and regulatory agencies.
- Facilitates the developments, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans.
- Responsible for preparing the laboratory organization for ongoing changes/improvements.
- Responsible for monitoring Laboratory Quality Management programs.
- Develop and maintain proficiency testing in conjunction with Directors, as well as performance improvement plans.
- Prepare and maintain General Laboratory Standard Operation Procedures and oversee the management and development of all lab section specific SOP manuals.
- Maintain lab safety program in compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for the development and management of integrated, strategy aligned departmental work plans.
- Input on all clinical laboratory personnel performance appraisals and competency assessments.
- Responsible for the development and management of the annual operating and capital budgets for the Labs.
- Negotiate consumable material and reagent contracts.
- Maintain equipment service agreements and negotiating purchases of capital equipment for laboratories
Directs all aspects of effective administrative management for clinical lab, including human resources issues such as performance management of laboratory staff, financial management, and IT, including issues including implementation and management of laboratory information management system (LIMS).
Responsible for supporting the President and CEO and Medical Director in all aspects of program growth, specifically through strategic and operational planning guidance.
The Laboratory Operations Manager collaborates with the Medical Director in the Medical Director’s supervision of clinical laboratory directors.
Directly supervises laboratory supervisors, and administrative assistants.
Responsible for overall management of all clinical laboratory staff and operations to achieve customer satisfaction.
Direct supervision of the accessioning staff and client services.
With Medical Director’s input the Laboratory Operations Manager must develop and interpret policies and procedures and set goals for laboratory departments in support of the overall mission of the Company.
Develops innovative initiatives to enhance internal efficiency and effectiveness of the clinical lab.
Implements and develops new testing technologies and expands existing test menu in collaboration with the Medical Director and individual departmental directors.
Develops new marketing strategies and material.
Monitor all test billing and coding for compliance, and to implement strategies to maximize reimbursements.
Assists Director of Clinical Sales with client services and marketing lab services, meets with clients and/or potential clients as a spokesperson for the lab.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree in a medical or biological field
Experience in clinical or medical operations is preferred
Skills and Abilities
Proficiency in the development, testing and implementation of laboratory procedures.
A combination of business management and medical technology skills.