Web Designer (HTML & CSS)
Great opportunity for a Product Designer to come and join a 140 year old organization for a 6 month contract-to-hire position. This position is responsible for crafting interfaces for web and mobile applications. Specific duties include establishing conventions, facilitating new development with mockups and wireframes, and implementing their designs. This position works closely with developers and product teams, and must be committed to learning and improving their craft.
1. Set high standards for the appearance and behavior of our products
2. Establish conventions and visual metaphors for use across our applications
3. Contribute to the incubation of new products and features
4. Translate concepts into wireframes, sketches, and mockups based on project specifications
5. Implement designs by hand-coding HTML and CSS
6. Ask questions of developers, designers, product owners, and customers to identify, clarify, and organize system requirements into use cases
7. Work with developers and product teams to create an optimum user experience and to achieve client goals
8. Work with Manager, UX to adhere to project specifications for budget, schedule, and priority
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Can apply principles of interface design to communicate applications’ state and options, manage complexity, focus features, and create enjoyable experiences.
• Has a working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Competent with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (or comparable tools)
• Competent with tools for creating wireframes (e.g. Balsamiq, Axure, or other)
• Comfortable with Git (committing, branching, cloning, merging, rebasing)
3+ years experience as a graphic/product designer or web developer.
$28.00 to $35.00 per hour, based on previous background and experience.