Sales Manager (Retail Sales / Marketing) Manager in Training
Come see why our current employees are telling Glassdoor why “Mattress Firm is such as great place to work!'and why we were recognized as a Best Place to Work!
You won’t get to sleep on the job here! We are looking for a dynamic Sales Manager, who is ready to our join our sales management training program and is ready for a new and exciting opportunity. You will be responsible for retail inside sales, marketing, and business development.
For your personal and professional development, we offer growth and learning opportunities. You will gain relevant sales management skills that will broaden your business acumen and will provide you the opportunity to grow- we promote from within! Mattress Firm is a place where friendships are made and successes are rewarded. We offer a great compensation package that includes a base compensation + commission + bonus opportunity! Our benefits include medical, dental, life, vision, 401(k) and paid vacation!
There has never been a better time to see what a mattress can mean to you!
Sales Manager (Retail Sales / Marketing)
As our Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the store program and performance improvement, as well as managing functions within parameters of KPIs. You will be engaged in retail inside sales, marketing, and business development by providing quality customer service.
Additional responsibilities of Sales Manager include:
- Ensuring assigned stores are to company standards; following opening and closing procedures; ensuring policies and state regulations are followed; maintaining par stock inventory levels for assigned stores; managing Open Orders daily to reserve stock; verifying incoming and outgoing merchandise; bagging floor models for transfers and / or customers
- Balancing books nightly and period end; communicating with Store Management to keep them informed; assisting in the administrative functions of the store; completing other projects and specials assignments as requested by supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Driving sales to meet or exceed budget; executing the company’s selling program; determining pricing within company guidelines on merchandise; calling guests for delivery reminders; completing follow-up guest calls and thank you cards
- Maintaining awareness of competitor’s advertisements and services offered; resolving guest issues as needed; completing assigned training and learning materials as required for advancement opportunities; participating in company/vendor training classes to remain current on products, offerings, and programs
- Ensuring merchandise and POP is current and displayed appropriately
- Executing the current merchandising plan
- Ensuring consistency of store pricing
- Managing the movement of damaged, discontinued, obsolete, and slow moving merchandise