Excel Expert, Medical Reimbursement Lead
Are you and Microsoft Excel best friends? Can you analyze data to identify trends and process improvement strategies? Do you have an accounting background? Then we need you.
Don’t let the position title fool you. We will train the healthcare aspect of the job.
We need a critical thinking, tech savvy go-getter who has the following skills:
- Analytical skills – Trend analysis and interpretation from reports and prioritization of work.
- Report Analysis – Formula writing to merge data from .dbf,.csv & .xls transition. Out of the Box reports don’t provide the level of detail so merging and cross-referencing data is a key to success.
- Critical/Logical Thinking – Impact reporting of data to create stronger cross functional linkages and outcomes by individual payors in the patient account.
- Problem solving – The ability make suggestions and follow-through until best possible solution achieves the desired outcome.
- Interpersonal skills – One who is able to communicate effectively and work well with others.
- Leadership skills – One who is able to motivate and coach others.
So if you have a bent for data reporting and management yet also possesses strong “people" skills and have a basic accounting or a background in patient accounts, we want you!
The Reimbursement Lead works with the Director of Patient Accounts to support Reimbursement department operations and reporting. The Reimbursement Lead assumes accountability and oversight for the efficiency, accuracy and integrity of the reimbursement processes. This position provides perspective of billing data and maintains the functionality of data report management for on time collections through supervision of reimbursement staff, report analysis and problem solving.
The Reimbursement Lead will lead the department in achievement of on-time and maximum collections to achieve positive departmental and organizational financial outcomes.
Assumes individual and department accountability for on time collection payments and accurate billing records including but not limited to the following:
Assumes department leadership for supervision of reimbursement staff, resulting in meeting department and company performance metrics. Balances dynamic communication and leadership skills with detailed and data driven decision making and problem solving. Leverages delivery of information meeting director and leadership requirements focusing on report writing, efficiencies in data collaboration, data analysis and problem solving for consistencies of documentation and data collaboration.
You may be asking yourself “Well yeah this is me but I really do not know much about reimbursement and billing so should I still apply?" The answer is yes. You should still apply. We will train you in the Reimbursement aspect of the job.
You may also be asking yourself “Is there any opportunity to grow in this position?" The answer is yes. This position is on track for management if outcomes and successful leadership are demonstrated.