Mestel & Company, the premier national attorney placement firm is seeking a Legal Recruiter focusing on Attorney Placement, in both law firms and in-house, to join our San Francisco office. We are looking for a dynamic and driven professional, coming from the legal, H.R. or recruiting industries, to join our team! Mestel is the leading Legal Placement Company in the country; we place the top attorneys nationwide and work with the most prominent law firms and companies across the country. We provide a competitive compensation, which includes a lucrative base and commission structure, to our recruiters, a vast network, a strong team-oriented environment, a sophisticated training program and the top reputation in the market – this position is a wonderful fit for a professional who enjoys working with people and is looking for a highly lucrative, rewarding career.
Mestel & Company is the only 100% employee-owned company in the legal placement industry through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), providing equity participation to our legal recruiters. Since 1987, Mestel & Company has been recognized as the preeminent national attorney placement firm in the United States with offices in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC.
We focus exclusively on legal placement, working with lateral in-house, associates, partners and groups as well as facilitating complex law firm mergers.
We are unique in offering a collegial, strong team-oriented environment with professional, highly sophisticated training and continued support. Our recruiter training program is unparalleled in terms of one-on-one support, enabling each new recruiter to reach his/her own potential and expectations.
Our database, which has been developed over 25+ years, is shared among every recruiter and updated hourly by our professional staff.
We are committed to each recruiter and their long-term success.
We are currently seeking an individual with leading law firm practice experience, legal H.R. experience and/or successful recruitment experience, legal or other, to join our San Francisco office as a Legal Recruiter specializing in placing attorneys in firms and in-house.
- Work with and place attorneys into law firms and in-house legal departments
- Leverage existing relationships with attorneys and in-house counsel to identify, recruit and place the top Legal Talent
- Build new relationships through networking and cold calling to develop a robust pipeline of legal talent to meet the needs of our clients
- Conduct phone and face-to-face interviews with candidates to fully understand their skill sets, needs and motivations
- Develop an intimate understanding of our clients’ cultures, economics and strategic plans for growth in order to more effectively match the right candidate with the right opportunity
- Utilize online social and professional networking sites to connect with potential candidates
- Develop and maintain a strong candidate pipeline
- Interface with clients regularly to develop an understanding of their needs and opportunities
- Remain up to date and regularly identify opportunities in the market
- Present opportunities in the market to candidates
- Screen and present qualified candidates to hiring managers
- Lead the candidate through the hiring process
- Continuously “close" qualified candidates and work to towards offer acceptance
- Remain in contact with active candidates