Full Time Days, 37.5 hours/week, M-F 7:30am-3:30 pm.
GENERAL SCOPE: Provides professional nursing care to meet the needs of the registrants according to the approved care plan and at the direction of the RN Health Coordinator. Works closely with Day Services Social Worker in coordinating health care services in the community.
· Assists in the assessment of members needs and the development of the registrant’s care plan.
· Provides nursing care as necessary to meet the registrant’s needs including the provision of diagnostic and therapeutic treatments in accordance with physician orders and at the direction of the RN Health Care Coordinator.
· Assists in the evaluation of member’s response to care plans.
· Assists in providing direct personal care to members as needed.
· Monitors and cues members to take own medicines.
· Assists with admissions and discharges.
· Maintains medical health records in accordance with federal and NYS DOH regulations, JHR and DayTimers’ standards.
· Provides emergency assessment and first aid for members as needed.
· Ensures that needs are communicated and care of members is coordinated with other disciplines and professionals within the facility and the community.
· Maintains infection control procedures per policy of the JHR. Universal precautions apply to this position.
· Maintains confidentiality of all registrants’ care information.
· Participates in continuous quality improvement program and other committees as requested.
· Reports all hazardous conditions and equipment.
· Provides education for members, family and/or support person concerning disease processes, medication and care plan follow up by community.
· Restocks treatment rooms as needed.
· Acts as the charge nurse who coordinates the daily operations of the unit in absence of RN.
· All other job duties as assigned.