Senior Staff Accountant
We are a fast-growing leader in the commercial real estate industry. We are investing in the talent and technology required to build the team and develop the world class business processes that will provide the foundation for this growth. We are looking to partner with highly energized and competitive individuals to help us realize our goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Accountant. The successful candidate will be competitive, intelligent, and comfortable making decisions without perfect information. This person must possess a sense of urgency and fill the room with positive energy when collaborating with others to get the job done.
This new role will report to our Accounting Manager and will be a key member of the Finance Team. The Senior Accountant will help drive operational efficiencies, cost reductions, process improvements, lean principles, and best-in-class reporting across the enterprise.
The main areas of focus for the Senior Accountant will include:
- Financial Statements / Monthly Reporting
- Prepares and reviews month-end journal entries and reconciliations for closing processes, ensuring transactions and reports are in accordance with GAAP and internal reporting policies.
- Verifies the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger and financial statements by investigating variances, identifying and resolving issues, and ensuring all transactions, including balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and journal entries, are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Analytical review of monthly financial statements that includes explaining budget to actual variances.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules and all other requirements for external auditors, including financial, tax, and workers compensation audits.
- Research complex accounting issues and implement procedures to ensure transactions are properly recorded under GAAP.
- Works with various departments within the company to identify opportunities and drive improved profitability through cost reductions, operational efficiencies, and return on assets.
2. Internal Controls / Internal Audit
- Maintain a strong system of internal controls to safeguard company assets through the implementation and enforcement of good business practices.
- Perform internal audits of various processes and controls to ensure accuracy and drive improvements.
3. Tax / Other Compliance Reporting
- Coordinate and assist with the filing of all federal and state tax returns with external tax firm.
- Maintain tax payment calendar to ensure that all tax obligations are paid in a timely manner.
- Calculate and coordinate the payment of various fees to external stakeholders.
4. Annual Budgeting
- Participate in the development of the annual budget which includes a P&L, B/S and Cash Flow Statements.