New Breed Logistics, headquartered in High Point, NC, is an innovative third-party logistics service provider (3PL) that helps companies design and operate efficient supply chains. We manage millions of square feet of warehouse space across more than 50 distribution centers in the U.S. and employ more than 7500 people. Services range from distribution center operations and transportation management to highly sophisticated and technology-focused solutions involving product assembly, vendor managed inventory, reverse logistics and repair.
Due to continued growth we are seeking an HR Manager at our distribution center in the LA County, CA community.
Summary of Functions:
This position is responsible for managing the full scope of human resources activities including; staffing, training and development, compensation & benefits administration, project management, employee relations, employment laws and regulations, health & safety, as well as maintaining a union free work environment. This position works closely with the operations team providing counsel and guidance to the team regarding policies, procedures, and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements.
- This position may have one or more direct reports
- This position may have single or multi-site responsibility
- Manage all aspects of the HR department including administration, legal compliance, policy/procedure enforcement, benefits, compensation, hiring, retention and termination ensuring in line with corporate HR policies and directives
- Establish procedures for management for the site’s human resource department in line with corporate human resource policies. Direct the interpretation and application of established HR policies throughout the facility
- Determine and enforce policies through functional groups – legal, regulatory and safety requirements as it relates to federal, state and local agency
- Promote a culture that seeks to increase employee productivity and continuous improvement of employee job satisfaction and high morale. Maintain and promote positive employee morale through open communication and accessibility.
- Keep management and operations apprised of internal and external HR developments that may affect overall effectiveness
- Collaborate with management to ensure site staffing goals are met, proactively planning and anticipating recruiting needs. Coordinate recruiting and selection of all employees, administer staffing requisition process, coordinate interviews and administer pre-employment screening requirements
- Ensure all employees are successfully on-boarded. Facilitate New Hire Orientation which includes completion of new hire paperwork, company overview, appropriate workplace behavior, safety awareness, benefits and 401IK enrollment
- Manage 3rd party staffing agencies, to insure site staffing needs are met and invoices are reconciled accurately and timely
- Ensure accuracy of time balancing for NB and temp payroll
- Guide managers and supervisors in appropriate and fair human resource practices. Assist supervisors with performance management, which includes delivery of disciplinary action for hourly employees
- Ensure associate personnel files, documents and manuals are kept current, accurate, confidential and in compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Partner with Prudential and management to effectively administer and track leave programs including short-term disability, workers compensation, FML and personal leaves
- Maintain data integrity in HRIS systems, keeping all data current and accurate in Lawson and Kronos. Recommend, develop and maintain human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems
- Implement and utilize HR metrics to measure performance, collaborating with management to identify trends and course correct as needed
- Leads employee investigations in partnership with Corporate Legal Counsel and recommends appropriate action
- Process terminations through coordination with site management, corporate operations management, corporate Human Resources and Legal; and, exercises care that reasons are based on objective evidence; are well documented
- Partner with operations team to coordinate company events, safety awards and maintain petty cash funds
- Assist with administration functions as needed to include HRIS data entry, file maintenance, answering phones, and other administrative functions
- Access and apply New Breed’s policies, procedures and documents to ensure proper, efficient and accurate use of the process
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and teamwork
- Communicates well with the supervisor and other co-workers and departments
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and adheres to and enforce safe work practices and follows safety practices
- Adheres to the New Breed 7S program
- Teamwork participation in meeting contract goals and objectives
- Walk production floor frequently to demonstrate accessibility to the team and foster employee engagement
- Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time, performing data entry and running reports
- Physically bending to file and retrieve employee information in personnel files.
- Occasional local and out of town travel may be needed requiring air travel and or driving between destinations
- Able to operate office equipment such as computer, copier, fax machine
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- Must be an experienced and strong user of HRIS and Time and Attendance systems and MS applications such as Work, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Lawson and Kronos preferred
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines. Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Excellent communication skills and high level of confidentiality
- Bachelors Degree in HR or related field preferred
- SPHR/PHR Certification preferred
- 8+ years HR experience required – plant environment preferred
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain Top Secret security clearance
New Breed offers competitive compensation and benefits. If your qualifications meet our requirements, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with CA HR as the subject line.
New Breed Logistics
Employment is contingent on a negative drug screen
And clean criminal history.
NO PHONE CALLS OR THIRD PARTIES, PLEASE