The Insurance Products and Services Division (IPSD) of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Specialist who enjoys working for an organization that strives every day to support the public good and make a difference. Interested applicants should be able to deliver outstanding support to customers, should be familiar with production support and implementation and be willing to travel approximately 15% of the time.
You will be working in the division that is responsible for NAIC print and electronic data products, publications, insurance company financial data, and Securities Valuation data. IPSD also designs, and has oversight of the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF), Online Premium Tax for Insurance (OPTins), and the State-Based Systems (SBS) Program.
If you thrive working in a true team environment, are quality minded, and have excellent oral and written communication skills, we have a great opportunity for you.
This position is located in the NAIC’s brand-new, state-of-the-art offices in Town Pavilion in the heart of downtown Kansas City which includes great restaurants, and top-notch entertainment venues. Candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed. Apply today!
As a product specialist for the SERFF team you will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Assist in the development of implementation plans and ensures successful customer implementation and production use of SERFF/OPTins software applications. Includes gathering business requirements for customers (state and industry), cost benefit analysis and strong knowledge of all NAIC member-approved initiatives.
- Assist with training on new features and documentation.
- Secure new customer accounts from potential customers by means of contacting by phone, web demonstration, e-mail, mailing or visiting the customer facility (state and industry).
- Monitor and reports individual customer activity and milestones (state and industry), makes recommendations for expanding existing customer usage of SERFF/OPTins products and follow through with the customer to increase total usage for SERFF/OPTins.
- Perform market research within the industry, under manager supervision, to support the introduction of new products, line extensions, product deletions and customer support levels through direct contact, focus groups and surveys. Assists in documenting needs assessments.
- Assist with implementation of an annual marketing and implementation plan that includes the preparation, issuance, and delivery of marketing materials, exhibits, and promotion programs, preparation for and attendance at exhibits, conferences, meetings and other local, regional and national promotional opportunities.