Registered Nurse Staff
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing services in accordance with physicians’ orders or plan of care. The registered nurse is responsible for determining the nursing problems for an assigned group of patients/residents, making plans to solve them, initiating the plan or assigning others to implement it, and evaluating the extent to which the plan was effective in resolving the problems identified. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Effectively and timely provides for the comfort and well-being of patients by assessing conditions, processing physicians’ orders, providing treatments and administering prescribed drugs.
• Timely and effectively coordinates nursing care for patients and educates the patients/residents and family about the care.
• Timely delegates appropriate aspects of nursing care to staff which includes evaluating, monitoring and assuring delivery of care.
• Accurately and timely documents patients/residents progress toward goals and other observations.
• Accurately and timely completes required documentation of nursing care to meet all state and Village requirements.
• Reports patients/residents changes, needs and/or requirements to the appropriate staff.
• Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
• Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
• Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
• This job requires an associate's degree professional nursing (ADN).
• Must be a Registered Nurse by the Missouri or Kansas State Board of Nursing.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
• Basic level knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time.
• If working in Home Health and Village House, must be able to work autonomously.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
SPECIAL WORK ING CONDITIONS
• The associate is subject to inside environmental conditions which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
• The associate is required to function around individuals with challenged mental capacities.
• Required to drive from one location to another if necessary for services provided through the department.
• Depending on services offered in the department, this position may have “on-call” responsibilities.
• The Home Health RN may be exposed to outdoor elements while accessing a patient’s residence.
• All associates may be called upon to assist other departments in a declared emergency situation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Job demands include maximum occasional lift of 75 lbs from knuckle to waist level; maximum occasional lift of 10 lbs from floor to shoulder; Maximum occasional carry of 5 lbs for 100 ft; maximum occasional push/pull horizontal of 40 lbs at 36 inches height for 100 ft; maximum frequent push/pull horizontal of 10 lbs at 46 inches for 100 ft; Maximum occasional grip force of 40 lbs; maximum occasional lateral pinch force of 15 lbs; Maximum occasional climb of 8 inches; frequent forward reach; frequent bend; frequent fine motor coordination; occasional foot coordination; occasional balance; Frequent sitting; continuous standing; and continuous walking.