The Elizabeth Layton Center is a growing, private not-for-profit community mental health center serving Franklin and Miami counties in Kansas. ELC provides a variety of outpatient mental health services including individual, family and group therapy; medication management; 24/7 crisis services; and, specialized community based/support services for adults with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) and for youth with a Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED). ELC has four locations and has over 150 employees serving over 4,400 clients each year. ELC provides competitive wages and has a comprehensive benefit package.
The Elizabeth Layton Center has full-time openings for a master or doctorate level Kansas licensed mental health professionals to work with adults, youth & families. LSCSW or LP preferred. Positions available in Ottawa and Paola, Kansas. Some on-call required. NHSC loan repayment program available for qualified applicants. Open until filled. Submit interest & resume to HR, ELC, PO Box 677, Ottawa, Kansas 66067 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. EOE
This position provides assessment and treatment services to adults and children for both mental health and substance abuse clients. Incumbent may be asked to participate in after hour’s emergency coverage, sharing rotation schedule. Therapist reports directly to the Clinical Director or designee.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops initial assessment and formulates treatment plans
• Conducts a variety of treatment approaches including group, individual, and family therapy
• Confers with other staff and agency representatives as appropriate
• Prepares a variety of reports as necessary
• Maintains appropriate records for reporting, evaluation, accounting, and clinical purposes
• Meets direct service expectations of 90 hours per month
• Meets deadlines for daily paperwork and reports
• Provides quality documentation
• Provides back-up emergency coverage
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designee
• Complies with ELC policies and procedures