Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. (MEPPI) is a leading U.S. supplier of electrical and electronic equipment, systems and services to utilities and industrial customers in the U.S. and overseas.
MEPPI is currently recruiting for Design Drafter to support their new Power Transformer Division (PTD) in Memphis. PTD will produces highly-engineered large power transformers.
Develop 3D component and system models in Autodesk Inventor. Prepare and revise drawings using AutoCAD.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop 3D Autodesk Inventor models and AutoCAD drawings for new parts and assemblies, based on verbal instructions or rough sketches.
• Generate 3D Inventor models and AutoCAD drawings using existing 2D MELCO drawings.
• Create and revise General Arrangement Layouts and P&ID’s.
• Revise drawings and maintain data management control.
• Create and enter Bill of Materials into ERP system (Syteline) including change process.
• Work with production personnel to resolve manufacturing challenges
• Understand PTD data management system and relation to ERP system.
• Understand materials and finishes used in PTD designs.
• Support the preparation of proposals as required.
• Work with related software programs (Microsoft office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Syteline, Etc.)
• Suggest cost improvements to engineers.
• Understand the manufacturing processes, Company Safety Policy, Company Quality Policy, and PTD Drafting Standards.
• Participate in product design changes and new product development processes.
• Support and assist the engineering team and engineering manager as needed.
• Further the goals and positive, professional image of PTD through interaction with other departments and vendors.
• Understand and work under the direction of the appropriate MEPPI policy and/or procedure.
• Know MEPPI’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED.