Outstanding healthcare opportunity
If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our team of diverse and motivated professionals at Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC). CHC is one of the most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and mental health services to the uninsured and underinsured.
CHC is building a world class primary health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. We are one of the leading health-care providers in the state of Connecticut, providing comprehensive primary care services in medicine, dentistry, and behavioral health. With more than 130,000 active patients, CHC is the health care home that works to keep our patients—and our communities—healthy.
We go beyond the traditional health services to bring care wherever our patients and clients are, using innovative service delivery models and state of the art technology. We use the latest treatments and technologies within the Patient-Centered Medical Home Model (PCMH) to care for our growing patient base.
This is the growth opportunity for you if you:
- Have extensive customer service experience
- Possess a positive energetic attitude
- Enjoy working with people
- Are extremely organized and pay great attention to detail
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to multi-task with strong processing skills in our fast paced environment.
- Have a strong interest in health policy/public health
- Are able to work effectively as a member of a team
- Are working towards or have completed your Bachelors Degree
As a Patient Services Associate for Community Health Center, you will:
Work closely with patients and medical professionals while utilizing your great customer service skills
Multi-task while answering our busy phone system professionally
Greet and schedule patients
Consistently demonstrate proficient data entry skills
Utilize your knowledge of insurance billing & self pay collections
Maintain confidentiality in a professional manner
Demonstrate efforts to maintain and improve job specific competencies
Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent
- Healthcare experience in Medical, Dental or Behavioral Health
- Experience in a call center or a busy multi-line phone system
- Familiarity with CPT/ICD-9 coding
- Electronic appointment scheduling experience
- Advanced Access scheduling knowledge
- Knowledge of referral or prior authorization procedures helpful
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) understanding a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to multi task, problem solve and apply critical thinking skills
- Bilingual skills required (Spanish, Portuguese, Polish preferred)
- Bachelors Degree a plus
Please Note: Various locations are available in Connecticut for this position. Community Health Center, Inc has locations in Bristol, Clinton, Danbury, Enfield, Groton, Meriden, Middletown, New Britain, New London, Norwalk and Stamford.
Hours vary. Our schedules are either Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm or 10:30am-7pm with one evening per week, and one Saturday per month.
Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide a minimum starting salary of $16.50 per hour and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plan, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more!