- Ability to effectively work from written travelers, blueprints, schematics, and quality reports.
- Effective time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Continuous improvement focus.
- Availability, flexibility, and maturity to represent the Company.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer as necessary.
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Manual dexterity to safely and proficiently utilize precision measuring instruments, and constructs complex set-ups. Manual dexterity to safely and proficiently operate company office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, calculators, and personal computers.
- Ability to work well with only a modest amount of repeated instructions.
- Be team oriented and possess flexibility and adaptability.
The ideal candidate will possess a High School Diploma or equivalent GED. Possesses previous experience in Aerospace industry or related industry product testing. Acquired a minimum of four years’ of experience in the use of pressure gauges, manometers, dielectric and insulation resistance testers.
The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
> Master Complexity: Ability to handle day-to-day work challenges; Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage multiple tasks and competing demands; Change method to best fit the work situation.
> Spoken communication: Speak clearly, listen carefully and seek clarification.
> Written communication: Write clearly and concisely.
> Commitment: Strive to attain quality results on time.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
> Equipment: Ability to safely and proficiently utilize precision measuring equipment such as: micrometers, height gauges, comparators, gage blocks, pins etc. Ability to operate office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, calculators, and personal computers.
> Computer Skills: Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office Products as needed.
> Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions. Ability to work from specifications, travelers, and blueprints.
> Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers to flex and extend fingers with opposition of thumb; palmar grasp, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, stoop, reach, turn, twist, push, pull, and to move within the all areas of the facilities and parking lots. A computer is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus. An annual eye exam is required as well as placement within a FAA mandated random drug and alcohol testing program.
Normal manufacturing environment with exposure to moving machinery, dust, fumes, smoke, gases, or other irritating articles, excessive noises, radiant or electrical energy, solvents, grease or oils, controlled chemicals and substances, exposure to slippery or uneven walking surfaces, working in close proximity with other and working inside of the building. Employee may be occasionally exposed to marked changes in temperature and humidity.