Friendship Home Healthcare and Angel Private Duty
“Extending the helping hand of Friendship to all."
Friendship is currently looking for a Physical Therapist to provide one on one patient care to individuals in the Dickson and outlined areas.
We want to put YOUR professional skills to work for OUR community!
At Friendship, we believe that caring is more than just a job, it’s a way of life. This is why our caregivers mean so much to the people, families and organizations they care for. Our employees have so much to offer, just like you! Friendship is looking for people who genuinely care and want to make a difference in the lives of others; people who are committed to the highest standards of integrity, quality and reliability. At Friendship, our employees are more than just caregivers — they’re the people our customers count on to truly care. Experience a most rewarding career with Friendship!
MISSION: To provide high quality, cost effective home care services consistent with the highest standards of practice regardless of financial profit.
******Please note this job requires you to make home to home visits ******
The Physical Therapist provides high quality professional physical therapy services on an intermittent basis in a home care setting
The Physical Therapist is accountable to the Director of Therapy or the applicable Branch Manager/Director of Nursing
- Performs initial admission visit on patients being admitted with physical therapy services, in home environment, conducts physical assessment of patient and evaluates findings.
- Assesses and documents client’s home environment for safety concerns for caregivers.
- Develops plan of care in accordance to physician’s orders and patient needs. Informs patient and family regarding the plan of treatment.
- Creates care plan as a basis for teaching patients in active and passive exercise, muscle re-education, gait and functional training activities of daily living including transfer activities and prosthetic training.
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performances, using physical means, such as exercises, massage, heat, water, light, and electricity.
- Directs and aids patients; utilizes equipment such as ultra sound, low/high voltage generators, moist hot packs, ice packs, and percussion.
- Observes, records, and reports to the attending physician and other staff, the patient’s reactions to treatment and any changes in the patient’s condition or plan of care.
- Instructs patients and their caregivers when applicable in the care and proper use of equipment and devices such as wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, prosthetic and orthotic devices. Also advises and consults with the physician in recommendation and feasibility of equipment and devices.
- Instructs other health team personnel, patients and or caregivers in certain phases of therapeutic exercises with which they may work with the patient, such as transfer, exercise program, appliance use, ADL, gait training, and etc.
- Instructs the patient, caregiver or agency staff involved in assisting the patient, in self-exercise programs, when applicable.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants according to state and federal regulations and provides appropriate documentation.
- Schedules and conducts patient visits according to the patient needs and physician orders.
- Submit timely and accurate documentation in accordance to Agency policy, Medicare, State, Federal and ACHC Guidelines and documents progression of patient noting response to therapy.
- Evaluates patient’s progress every 60 days and determines need or discontinuation of physical therapy services and notifies the physician and applicable Director of Therapy and/or Branch Manager/Director of Nursing.
- Coordinates discharge planning with other disciplines.
- Confers with other disciplines as needed.
- Participates in Agency continuing education and in-service/training programs and attends scheduled staff meetings as required and provides or participates in staff training programs as assigned. Presents documentation of external training to Agency for continuing education requirements.
- Documents time and mileage data per company policy.
- Completes and submits visit documentation and daily visit reports/time sheets in a timely manner.
- Reports identified patient needs to appropriate inter-agencies in the community.
- Provides proper notification and/or advance notice of absence or tardiness without abuse.
- Maintains a positive relationship with patient, caregivers, physicians, and co-workers.
- Maintains established Agency policies and procedures, objectives, the performance improvement program, safety, environmental, and infection control policies.
- Participates willingly with special projects and/or overtime work when requested.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information regarding patients, physicians, agency employees and agency information.
- Uses equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Serves as a resource to co-workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.