Join Our Team!
Our vision statement is clear: to be "The Customers' First Choice for Value and Convenience." Since nearly 3.5 million people visit our locations every day, we know that the Speedway team is making that vision a reality. Did you know that Speedway is one of the largest company-owned and operated convenience store chains in North America? With a history that dates back to the early oil industry of the late 1800s, we’re committed to enhancing the legacy of our parent company, Marathon Petroleum Company LLC, through a simple pledge: to be the best in the business.
To be the best in the business, you have to have the best employees, which is why we offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, a diverse work environment and unlimited opportunities.
Speaking of opportunity…
As a Leadership Program Participant, The District Manager Trainee (DMT) position is an entry level position designed for both the career-minded college graduate and the experienced retail professional. This developmental position prepares an individual to oversee 8-11 retail convenience store locations as a District Manager.
Compensation for this position is $45,000 plus, depending on experience and education level.
The in-depth, hands-on training program is approximately 12 months long and is divided into two phases. Phase I consists of learning store operations and an assignment of operating a store. During Phase II, the DMT receives training with field and corporate personnel, including Field Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Merchandising, and Safety and Security.
- Upon completion of training, the District Manager is responsible for Profit and Loss management including: planning budgets, maximizing sales, and controlling expenses.
- Other key responsibilities include: staffing, training and supervising Store Managers, implementing merchandising programs, controlling cash and inventory, motivating and teambuilding, and promoting excellent customer service.
- A company car is provided to District Managers for business use. District Managers also are challenged by a bonus program that rewards store performance and profitability.
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plans
- Paid Vacation, Holidays & Sick Plans
- Bonus Plans
- Education Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- And more...
f you are ready to join an industry leader, apply today!
Speedway LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.