1. Organizes, directs, and administers services in order to provide the level of care required by current medical and nursing standards.
2. Maintains continuing quality assessment and improvement of patient care delivery and patient safety activities. Collaborates in developing, implementing reviewing, revising, and monitoring performance improvement activities
3. Communicates with Administration on the activities /issues of Services. Gives accurate information.
4. Participates in policy decisions that affect services. Develops, revises, and implements policies and procedures.
5. Collaborates in planning the yearly budget by utilizing input from the physicians and staff for requirements for personnel, supplies, and equipment.
6. Practices cost controls to insure maximum effectiveness of funds expended from the approved budget. Initiates corrective action for variance.
7. Directs the coordination of the employee selection process, training and staff development, work assignments, performance competencies, merit evaluations.
8. Recommends the modification, addition, or deletion of staffing plans, and nursing care delivery models to insure reasonable hours and acceptable working conditions to provide patient care coverage.
9. Coordinates staffing to insure maximum effectiveness of funds expended from the approved departmental budgets.
10. Insures that professional relationships are maintained with physicians and patients.
11. Participates in inventory control systems.
12. Participates in committees and keep nursing units advised of changes and improvements.
13. Participates with other Healthcare Team to coordinate compliance with JCAHO standards.
14. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications.