VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - GREATER NEW YORK, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Nursing Consultant (4 hours per month)
REPORTS TO:Program Director
DATE APPROVED BY HR: September 1, 2007
The nursing consultant is responsible for the direction, provision, and quality of the health maintenance and monitoring services provided to the service recipients of the Alletta House facility.
This position requires a license from the State of New Jersey as a Registered Nurse and one-year of mental health experience.
1. Conduct monthly assessments of the residents health and make appropriate medical referrals as needed.
2. Maintain documentation according to the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) and Volunteers of America policies.
3. Sign-off on and participate in the development of the Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP).
4. Maintain compliance with OSHA standards.
5. Provide education and consultation on medication and health issues to staff.
6. Cooperate with Volunteers of America and/or State of New Jersey Division staff in any inspection and/or investigation.
7. Perform all other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. To ensure that each resident is provided with appropriate medical care.
2. To ensure accurate record keeping of the program
3. To ensure compliance with the Department of Developmental Disabilities’ regulations
4. To maintain continuity of services for all consumer residents.
5. To ensure compliance with organizational policies and OSHA regulations
Employee Name Date