Since 1985, MedAire, Inc. has been assisting passengers and crew around the world, whether in the air, on land, or a sea. Thousands of travelers rely on our expert medical education training courses, medical equipment offerings and the medical and logistical expertise of our 24/7 MedLink Global Response Centers. We are credited with establishing the world’s first global emergency response center dedicated to providing immediate, real-time medical assistance to people in remote locations and currently serve more than 2,000 clients worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant who will be responsible for preparing, analyzing, and/or reviewing complex financial reports, records, and accounts to ensure accuracy. The position is responsible for the completion of general accounting and month-end closing processes and the preparation of financial statements and internal management reports as assigned. Responsible for reviewing, recommending and implementing appropriate internal controls and/or audit techniques to ensure accurate and timely financial reports. The Senior Staff Accountant may provide work direction to and assist in the development of less senior accountants and accounting support personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare basic financial statements and monthly closing journal entries, account reconciliations and internal-use accounting reports for management.
- Compile and analyze financial information to properly document business transactions and to prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and review company policies, procedures and internal controls for proper design and operational effectiveness, and make appropriate suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to staff, vendors and clients, as appropriate.
- Resolve accounting differences or discrepancies.
- Interact with the external auditors in completing the quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Functions independently in the performance of duties.
- Ensures that Company financial statements are presented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Maintain all client information which may be encountered either directly or indirectly while in the performance of the job in strict confidence in accordance with HIPAA and/or any other pertinent confidentiality regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.