The Server reports directly to the Dining Services Director.
The Server serves food and beverages to residents in accordance with established Benchmark policies and procedures. S/he performs duties under the direction of the Dining Services Director, to assure that quality food service is provided to meet the needs of the residents.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Demonstrates attention to detail
Administration & Training
▪ Completes Benchmark forms, reports, etc. as required.
▪ Attends in-service programs, seminars, and workshops as directed.
▪ Must attend two hours of orientation.
▪ Assists the Community Sales Team, led by the Executive Director, with sales and marketing programs and initiatives
▪ Advises supervisor when supplies diminish for reorder
▪ Communicates effectively with supervisor and kitchen staff
▪ Takes food and beverage orders from residents and serves meals on a timely basis that are both presentable and appetizing in appearance.
▪ Sets up and delivers meal trays and food carts to the dining room as instructed.
▪ Handles requests from residents who require assistance with meal selection or have specific needs.
▪ Serves well-presented meals on a timely basis
▪ Sets up dining room for the next scheduled meal.
▪ Performs other general server duties as assigned.
Equipment & Supplies
▪ Assists in inventorying supplies.
▪ Obtains or replenishes necessary dining room supplies before the next scheduled meal.
▪ Checks room service trays before distribution.
Public Relations / Marketing
▪ Represents the community with a positive attitude and pride when interacting with potential residents and families
▪ Develops and practices the “30-second commercial” and uses it to greet visitors
Safety & Sanitation
▪ Follows safety regulations and precautions at all times.
▪ Follows established Infection Control procedures when performing daily tasks.
▪ Ensures that all food service areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are properly maintained.
▪ Reports all hazardous conditions and equipment to your supervisor.
▪ Reports all accidents to the Dining Services Director or the Executive Director.
▪ Disposes of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
▪ Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties
▪ Cleans tables, chairs, refrigerators and freezers, etc.
▪ Carries soiled dishes, cups, glasses, and utensils to proper storage areas.
▪ Keeps work areas clean, dry, and free of food, beverages, etc.
▪ Returns used food trays from food carts, dining room, etc., and delivers to the dishwashing area.
▪ High school diploma or equivalent.
▪ Previous dining room and server experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
▪ Must be able to interact effectively with residents and staff
▪ Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
▪ Must have knowledge of dietary procedures, was well as related Health Department regulations and guidelines pertaining to food service operations.
▪ Must be able to serve food and beverages for residents in a prompt and efficient manner.
▪ Lift up to 50lbs
▪ This is primarily a standing position where an employee may be required to stand in one place for extended periods of time. They also will be exposed to extreme heat and cold temperatures.